As a Project Manager you will manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital team. You’ll be adept at delivering complex projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed. Defining project needs and feeding these into the programme/portfolio process will enable resources to be appropriately allocated. You will be core to decisions that build high-performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking and championing the values of the organization.
● Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
● Understand client requirements, deliver products in intermediate steps and maintain the product’s flexibility.
● Conduct reviews to assess project outcomes and to identify and capture lessons learned to enable continuous improvement. Contribute to the provision of documentation for new or improved processes, products and services and to ensure that good practice is disseminated
throughout the organisation.
● Work with the Product Owners to define the roadmap for any given product and verify the User stories written down by Product Owners.
● Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
● Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team.
● Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production).
● Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practices.
● Process standardization across the whole team.
● Utilise project plans and schedules to monitor all activities.
● Identifying the skill set of the team members and redefining their roles to produce the optimum Output.
Skills and Experience
It’s essential that you have:
● Proven experience in delivering digital projects and products using a range of agile project management methods.
● Excellent communication- communicates with clarity and confidence at all levels; adapts style and content to the needs of the audience.
● Planning and Organizing Skills: Plans, Schedules, Prioritizes and allocates work effectively; delivers to multiple and challenging deadlines; monitors progress against plans using project management techniques or other recognized methods such as Agile.
● Continuous improvement: identifies opportunities for continuous improvement; shows commitment to own professional development; demonstrates enthusiasm, willingness and ability to learn new skills. Creates momentum and excitement around initiatives and new approaches.
● Initiative and problem solving: identifies problems, provides/facilitates the creation of options and recommendations and uses initiative to drive solutions; identifies and manages risk.
● Ability to complete the projects on time and within the stated budget.